An exciting entry level position exists for a bright and enthusiastic person seeking to build a career in the Insurance industry.
As a Claims Technician you will join our Specialty Claims team based in Bedford.
You will be assisting the administration of clients' claims in accordance with the relevant Company and/or Group policies to achieve targets, develop the business and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service.
The successful candidate is likely to be seeking an entry level position where training and development will be given or may already have office based experience and be looking to develop a career in insurance. Full training will be provided.
This is an ideal opportunity for a confident, personable and hardworking individual to work in a great team whilst gaining valuable experience to progress.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
• Develop strong relationships with divisional teams.
• Respond to the team's requirements as appropriate.
• Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically.
• Process claims documents when appropriate OPM
• Create claims documents when appropriate.
• Ensure up to date records ae maintained at all times on the company systems.
• Interpret instructions and issues arising and then implement actions according to policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Group and/or Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure correct authorisation is obtained and processes followed when required by the Group and/or Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that own performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Group and/or Company's requirements.
• Provide relevant management information to senior management.
• Manage assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required.
• Respond appropriately to urgent issues as they arise.
• Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the department.
• Share information that could be beneficial to the Company.
Representing the Company
• Travel to the London Office when necessary.
• Any other reasonable duties, as required.
Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail with ability to process information accurately.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
• Prioritisation and organisational skills.
• Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to undertake and demonstrate competence in technical training, as required by the industry.
• Willingness to study for professional examinations.
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience not essential, training will be given.
• Basic technical knowledge of FCA regulations as they pertain to insurance intermediaries.
• Understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market and the impact this has on the claims process is ideal.
• Previous experience of working in a team or customer focused environment would be ideal.
• A level Grade A-C (or equivalent)