Motor Insurance Actuary (Part or Fully Qualified)
£65,000 - £150,000 dependent on experience
Candidates must have motor insurance experience.
This role could be based in Newcastle or Gibraltar!
• Ongoing maintenance and enhancement of rating structure/ pricing algorithm
• Manage and develop the reporting of rate and exposure monitoring
• Contribute into the Planning process, setting Plan loss ratios by product and country
• Perform regular Portfolio reviews to segment and analyse the book and identify profitably performing areas
• Liaise with other actuarial teams like the Cat Modelling team, Reserving, Capital
• Engage with the Predictive Modelling (PMU) on predictive analytics to drive rating variable decisions
• Ensure appropriate and timely data sourcing for the PMU, CAT team, Pricing and Planning work streams
• Perform/Peer review the parameterisation of the capital model using Igloo software to analyse loss ratio distributions
• Ensuring products and prices are compliant with relevant legislation e.g. European Gender Directive and the UK Equality Act
• Building relationships with Underwriting, Sales, Operations, Claims, and IT.
• Supporting the Underwriting team in their decision making and UW actions implementation and monitoring by proactively carrying out technical analyses
• Qualified or Part Qualified Actuary
• Undergraduate degree in Mathematics/Actuarial Sciences or relevant field
• Experience of Motor insurance is essential
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to explain technical issues in non-technical terms
• Excellent software/technical skills. Experience with SAS, RADAR, Emblem or Igloo would be an advantage
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer